Interested in becoming a Nurse Anesthetist? Improve and boost your application BEFORE you submit it by attending this in-person event!
During this 3-Day in-person event, you will …….
DAY 1 – MEET & GREET
Friday, May 20, 2022 | 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
University of Pittsburgh – University Club, 123 University Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
DAY 2 – INFORMATION SESSION
Saturday, May 21, 2022 | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, 3500 Victoria Street, 1st Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Learn comprehensive information about the admissions process, clinical expectations, and simulation preparation
- Learn the true rigors of a program
- Get valuable tips on personal statement construction
- Learn the importance of shadowing a Nurse Anesthetist
- RN Mock Interview with Nurse Anesthesia Faculty
- Learn aspects of DNP/DNAP scholarly projects
- Navigating Nurse Anesthesia Program Websites
- Tips on balancing family and finances
- Opportunity to network with Nurse Anesthesia Faculty, Nurse Anesthetists, and Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists from across the country
DAY 3 – SIMULATION LAB EXPERIENCE
Sunday, May 22, 2022 | 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
WISER Simulation Lab, 230 McKee Place, Suite 300, 3rd Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Simulation Lab Experience – As per the university website: The Pitt Nurse Anesthesia Program is a national leader in simulation education. Simulation experiences will take place at the 16,000 square-foot Peter M. Winter Institute for Simulation Education and Research (WISER). WISER is a world-class inter-professional simulation training and research facility focused on improving education and patient safety through effective healthcare provider education.
Introducing WISER (Winter Institute for Simulation, Education, and Research) for nurses who will have an opportunity to have an immersive hands-on high-fidelity anesthesia simulation lab!
New! Nurses will have an opportunity to engage with Augmented Reality or AR station, intubation skill stations, Glidescope, McGrath intubation, US station, fiber-optic intubation, Vimedix POCUS, spinal and epidural placements in mannequins, Lumis Platform AR interactions, and more!
Participating Nurse Anesthesia Programs & Directors
- John O’Donnell, DrPH, CRNA, CHASE-A, FSSH, FAANA with the University of Pittsburgh
- Catherine Horvath, DNP, CRNA, CHSE with Johns Hopkins University
- Lori Anderson, DNP, CRNA, APRN with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Sciences
For more information & hotel information: Click Here
All nurses will receive a signed Certificate of Completion after the end of the program event!
Must upload your proof of COVID-19 booster at the time of registration.